Re: The Great Race

To: Amy Turner <ltturner@usit.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Great Race
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:9:10 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey Amy,

My father had a chance to navagate a 1914 Model T with a friend a couple years
ago, but was unable to take the month off he needed to go so a school teacher
friend got the nod.... Broke his heart, but will may get to go a couple years
from now in the same friends 26 Locomobile or 14 Cadilliac.

I think that a MG ran a few years back, but that was when cars had to be
pre '36.  I don't know what models came before the MGTA's and I belive that
1936
is too early for that model... Any of you MG folks know the story.

Patton

At 6/10/99 12:49:00 AM, you wrote:
>If you want to see what happens in a small town when the Great Race passes
>through, check out my photo album at
>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=17604&a=252632 .  Please forgive
>my captions which read, for the most part, "Red car," "Yellow car," etc.
>I'll gladly welcome any help identifying these machines.
>
>To keep this LBC related (if not specifically Spridget related), I was
>disappointed that I didn't see any British cars in the running.  The rules
>state that the cars must be pre-1950 to compete for the trophy, although
>there are some cars that join in just for the tour.  Anyone who can afford
>the car, lodging, food, repairs, and the $6000 entry fee can join in.  Isn't
>that nice of the organizers?
>
>So which pre-1950 British car would be best to rally 4,000 miles across
>America?
>
>Saving my pennies,
>Amy

----