Re: Questions

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Questions
From: toyman@htcomp.net
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 99 17:33:19 +0000
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
 Greg:  And you came back?  Because you thought perhaps we had changed?  I see
> the list as a kind of country store where we are all sitting around the
> pot-belly in wooden chairs with our feet propped up talking about our LBCs.
> But then we digress, as all good country store conversations will, to
> silliness, to other topics, maybe even to what type of 'baccer to chew while
> looking for that vacuum leak.  That's what makes country store conversations,
> and this list, so great!  That is what separates us from a manual.  Montana
> Bob complained about this--I hope he has found happiness in his manual--I
> truly do.  But the list is human:  serious, while funny and mischevious at
> times.  I agree wholeheartedly with your last paragraph--lets get him on the
> road!  That is the bottom line.  I hope you stay with us this time--you are
> valued.  And when we talk about the finer qualities of Guinness, it is really
> LBC talk,  just taking a curvy route--what our cars are made for.
>
> --David

AMEN,the turns are what make getting there so fun,otherwise you would always
take the freeway directly to your destination without any backroad
distractions,(or go straight to a book{only the facts maam}for info)The
ownership of a LBC is an experience that SHOULD be shared in all its facets or
you lose the joy that comes with the ownership,you certainly wave to other LBC
owners when out and about,stop and talk if possible.Would the first words be
"How do you get to the darn timing marks(or something similar)"or perhaps more
friendly and outgoing.If I need facts I'll call a british car shop but for a
great learning experience with my friends(yeah I aint met any of ya)hope I can
say friends,I'll hang out right here,Cuz I love the B.S. that goes with it!!
Brad

BTW I joined the list about a month and a half ago,are you saying he's not
Montana Bob?!?! It's sunny and 92* outside,I think I'll go cruising some
backroads for the hell of it,later