Re: Repco Pistons

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Repco Pistons
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:54:48 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
There's nothing wrong at all with Repco pistons, I've used them in many
applications without a problem.  For a road car they'll be fine but
remember that because they're shared between other A series applications
they may not be suitable for a 'hot' motor that regularly uses 6000+ RPM.
You will also only get standard dish crowns but the rings are very good in
newly machined bores otherwise I use Hastings rings for a re-ring job.

BTW the origin of Jack Brabham's Repco-Brabham engine (developed by Repco
and Phil Irving) was the Oldsmobile alloy block and I'll bet you didn't
know they made a four cylinder version of that engine which used the same
block with one bank sawn off.

Peter