Carburator manifold studs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Carburator manifold studs
From: Dave_Vrba@mail.sel.sony.com (Dave Vrba)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:38:12 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
     Hello again listers,

     Smack in the middle of cleaning and rebuilding my Weber DGV 32/36 5A
     downdraft carb on the 1275.  When removing from the manifold, I
     noticed the studs were only finger tight in the manifold.

     Question?

     Should these carb manifold studs have locktite on them to keep them in
     place?  Some other method of maintaining tightness?

     During disassembly I discovered the nuts and the studs were just
     slightly more than finger tight.  No wonder it was leaking, hu?

     Appreciate any help on securing carb manifold studs properly.

     TAI,

     Dave
     '62 Sprite MKII
     Dublin, CA