Buying a "kit " car

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Buying a "kit " car
From: "Hal Faulkner" <faulkner@redshift.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:27:05 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Spridgeteers,

I am beginning to think that the only way to get the car I want is to get
into a project. There have been a few posted on PDLJMPR, "disassembled,
ready for paint, etc." Would anyone who has bought a car in the partially
disassembled car have anything to say to some poor fool that is thinking of
this insanity?

I would be particularly interested in:
1. What you paid. Was it too much?
2. General condition of the car. How much body work was necessary? Did you
do it yourself or hire someone to do it?
3. How long did it take you to finish the project?
4. How much space did you need/have for the project was it enough? Were
there any tools that you would not do the job without?
5. If you were doing it again, what would you look for in a car in boxes?
6. Would you do it again?

Anything you can tell someone about this kind of a project to bring me to my
senses (I know that doesn't go with LBC syndrome) would be greatly
appreciated, even if I do decide to ignore all rational advice and do it
anyway.

Thanks,

Hal
mailto:faulkner@redshift.com