Re: Friday spridget musings, Was: Calling All Midgets

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Friday spridget musings, Was: Calling All Midgets
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 22:00:38 -0700
Cc: <Herb_Goede@amsinc.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
That is because Some Big Healey owners have never driven anything but an
enemic 948 bugeye with Bad rings and valve seals....

my First Healey was the 100.... and my Last will be the Hundred... but in
between I plan on packing in a ton of Sprites.... be they Box sprites or
Bugeye's... doesn't matter.... Great little cars that truly give meaning to
"bang for your buck".... if Money doesn't count... the Box has the Field
hands down... less you want Power.... then you might want that BJ8
3000..... Personally half the fun is the nimble handling on Semi Low
power....
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered ) ECTA record Holder.... 180.361 Mph in the standing
Mile......

----------
> From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
> To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
> Cc: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com; spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Friday spridget musings, Was: Calling All Midgets
> Date: Friday, June 18, 1999 5:37 PM
>
> You mean the AHMG Spridget.  We all know who came first!
> Mike MacLean-60 Sprite
>
> Jeff Boatright wrote:
>
> > You sick 'em, Herb!
> >
> > Actually, after reading a lot about the Healeys, MG, and BMC, I'm
convinced
> > that we should make new badging for the cars, brass tops, key fobs, and
> > everything. The original Sprite design was pure Healey - heck, a lot of
was
> > Geoff Healey. But, production was all MG Abingdon. As the son of a
> > production engineer, this means to me that the car is a true amalgam of
MG
> > and Healey, and not just because they all were built in the same
factory.
> > >From what I've read, the workforce at MG was what made MG cars
special.
> > Conversely, what made Healeys special was the Healey team - Donald and
> > Geoff Healey, Roger Menadue, the works department, etc. So, our cars
get
> > the best of both worlds: best designers, developers, engineers, and
> > constuctors. Yep, pretty much, the rest of the car world should bow to
us
> > reverantly. Of course, the car really should be called the MGAH
Spridget.