Cars in Pareee

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Cars in Pareee
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 05:03:37 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Wellll....

Back from Paris after a week at the Paris Air Show.
Great place, beautiful women, amazing food, but needs
air conditioning and a few plumbing upgrades. Anyway,
it seemed like half of the million+ cars I saw in
Paris were Mini's, and the French drive them the way
they were meant to be - hard!  There were many
variations, from Mini's, Cooper S's, Mayflowers, and
brand new anniversary edition Coopers.  There was an
Anniversary Cooper at the MG dealer right next to my
hotel on Avenue d'Madrid:  95000 FF for the mini (less
than $16,000), and 119000 FF (less than $20,000) for a
low usage demo BRG MGF.  Everyone in my travel party
agreed the "F" would outsell the Miata in the States
with even mediocre reliability, and these were mostly
non-car types.  Ah, yes - and we did see a bright
yellow Lotus Elise bombing around twice.  The car
floored me - it looks a hundred times better in person
than in photos - absolutely stunning, and not a
helluva lot bigger than a Spridget.  My VP did not
appreciate me telling everyone how the Elise would
smoke his on-order Boxster.

Anyway, good to be back home in the States (the Sport
utes sure look funny here after a week of Fiat
Punto's, Renault Twingos, and Smart Swatch cars).
Hope everyone had a good week.  Happy Father's Day to
all the Dads out there.

Ron