Re:1500 overdrive

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:1500 overdrive
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:47:09 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Sorry Dave, My message perhaps wasn't quite clear about this.
I have two cars.
A 1500 Midget that I modified to take an overdrive gearbox.  I am really
pleased with that, it makes such a difference to driving; quieter, faster,
more economical. I would really recomend this conversion.
There is a description of the job on Larry Miller's Buggii web page:
http://www.ado13.com/techs/tech3/od1500.html

I am now interested in a 5 spd box for my 1275 Sprite.  I have heard that
the European  model ford Sierra box can be fitted, and is easy to come by in
the UK.  There is a German made bellhousing adaptor.  Not sure where to get
hold of this though. Daniel 1312 has done this conversion and might help.

Guy