Re: 1275 in Bugeye

To: "Spridgets Group" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 in Bugeye
From: "Geoffrey P. Muttart" <gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:39:48 -0300
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob:

Been there, done that (a few years ago now).  Do that grinding and
everything bolts right up as I recall.  I was advised to do this by a lbc
mechanic and it worked well.  It's a bit of a nuisance if the tranny's still
in the car - mine was and I just kept connecting it, turning the engine
over, removing the tranny, and grinding, until it turned freely (I'm sure
there must be an easier method).   The only change will be to replace the
pushrod in the clutch slave cylinder with a later 1275-era one or lengthen
(I think - I'm sure someone can confirm) the one you have.  I didn't
experience any problems with cooling with the stock (948) rad.

SU's are interchangeable - I run whichever set are working best at the time
and they're off several different A-series engines(we cheap - and a bit lazy
or I'd do a rebuild).

Geoff Muttart
gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca
AH Bugeye Sprite