Re: Got the car started - for 5 minutes! Need battery!

To: avi@pccdesign.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Got the car started - for 5 minutes! Need battery!
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:33:04 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/22/99 6:37:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
avi@pccdesign.com writes:

<< Anyway, the local parts store doesn't have a battery for the Midget -
where can I get one, or is there a specific part number / brand / model
number that will work? It's a 1979 Midget. >>

Check your local Pep Boys store.  The one near me always has a PILE
(literally) of returned batteries for about $20, and they are mostly group 26
or 26R batteries, the one you need for a Midget.  For more on batteries,
search the Web archive for "battery"
(http://listquest.com/hobbies/automobiles/british).  One hint, make sure you
get one with the POS and NEG terminals on the correct sides of the battery.
That's the difference between a 26 and a 26R, the terminals are reversed.
Check your existing battery for the orientation and cable fit.

Try to pick one that doesn't have all the extra plastic trim pieces to make
it look bigger.  They just get in the way behind the heater.  You might find
a size 24 that fits also, but they are bigger.  Measure first, then shop.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport