Front Brake hoses

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Brake hoses
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:55:50 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello, 3 or 4 years ago I bought a set of Goodridge ss braided brake hoses
in preparation  for rebuilding my 1971 Sprite.  Everything assembled now and
I was doing a final check before its first MOT since the rebuild.
I found that the front flexible hoses are at full stretch when I jack up the
front of the car.
They are in fact preventing the top suspension arm from fully compressing
the bump stop rubbers, and clearly this is highly dangerous to drive,
although everything works fine as it is.
During the rebuild I have had wooden spacers under the top suspension arm so
as to avoid bump stop rubber everytime the car is jacked up, and it is only
now that these spacers have been removed that the fault has become apparent.

The car is in standard spec, so I can only think that the Goodridge hoses
are too short and are the wrong ones.
They measure at 280mm (11 inches) from the face of the flange nuts at each
end.

Anyone come across that?
Anyone know what length they should be?
Can't find a Goodridge web site