British Car Day, Bowie, MD

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: British Car Day, Bowie, MD
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:13:45 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It was another steamy hot British Car day in Bowie, MD. It's always
steamy hot!
Many "spridgeteers" were in attendance, Biff, Kevin, Bob, Russ, Steve
Byers, Neil Brewer, Rick Moses, along with some others we may know like
Steve Bell, Bill Redman, Chris & Clint Becker (from the video) And I am
sure I am forgetting a few.
I had the A40 and took home an award, as did Biff Jones in the Sprite
class.
Did I hear Neil's name called? I was in the line up and could not hear
all the winners names.

My trip down was not without incident though. I broke my throttle
linkage while in Bowie Saturday night. I was flat bedded back to the
motel where a bunch of Land Rover people were staying. One of them gave
me his keys and sent me out for parts.
Mind you, he just met me 2 minutes before and hands me the keys to his
Landy.
What a tank! But a fun tank. It needs about 8 more gears though.
Anyway after a few un-successful attempts at repairing what really
needed a weld, Diane and I joined the LAnd Rover group for dinner. One
of them was telling the story of how Cole welded his Landy back together
when the frame broke. He did this on the spot with his batteries.
They called Cole from our cell phone, told him to bring his welding
mask.
Cole arrived Sunday with his ambulance Land Rover, in full safari gear
and with his welding helmet. I brought him the linkage, he slipped on
his welding gloves, overalls, and helmet, hooked up his batteries to my
linkage and made a perfect weld on the spot in the show field.
Kevin witnessed this. We were both amazed. 24 volts makes a real nice
arc weld.

Other then that and my brake light switch made from junk, (but that's
another story) all went well.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ