Re: Fuel gauge polarity?....Old Dog, New Tricks

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Fuel gauge polarity?....Old Dog, New Tricks
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:48:44 -0400
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have to agree with Ulix.  If neither one of the poles is marked, then it
would almost have to be an ammeter type gauge.  One way to check for sure
whether it will fry your sender is to use a meter before hooking it up to
your sender to check the current flowing out with the wires first attached
one way, then reversed.  If no change in current, then you can reverse them
and your gauge will register properly without frying the sender.

Bob