Road Clearance Update

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Road Clearance Update
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:03:56 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Based on the info that I received in response to a prior inquiry, my Bugeye
appears to be within 1/4" - 1/2" of original height when just ground
clearance is considered, my measurements were:

Front right 7", left 6 3/4"
Rear right 7 3/4', left 7 1/2"

Looking at tire size this is what I found.

155/80    22.8" diameter (Doug's)
145/70    21.0" diameter (close to stock)
175/60    21.3" diameter (mine measure at 21 and 1/8")

These diameters are only approximate since all tires are not made exactly to
spec.

It would appear that my problem is one of perception caused by the small
diameter of the 175/60 tires. The gap between the top of the tire and the
fender is quite large while the actual ground clearance is not.

I took a different entry into the parking lot this morning,  I usual take
another entrance to avoid a speed bump when I drive the Bugeye, and sure
enough the exhaust scraped when I crossed the speed bump.

1/2" lower and I would have to avoid speed bumps altogether.

Thanks to all who responded.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com
Seen It All, Done It All, Can't Remember Most Of It.