Progress and a ?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Progress and a ?
From: Jpp963@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 23:08:18 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Fellow listers -
Well, the bugeye is finally starting to come together.  Planning to drop the
engine (stock 1275) in soon.  I have one question:

Took the generator pulley and fan plate off to clean and paint.  Upon
reassembly I noticed the fan plate doesn't engage ( sits below) the key on
the shaft.  Seems there needs to be a spacer between the plate and the split
collar which sits inside the end plate.  If so, what is its composition?
Generator is a C40 model.  Manuals (I did check, Jay :>) ) were of no help.

TIA,
Pete Gajdosik