Tire Sizes for Rostyles

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire Sizes for Rostyles
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 23:56:29 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>... I went with the majority and bought 165/70 13's.   I don't
>know  how anyone squeezed larger tires in there but the
>165's fit PERFECT ... 1/2 inch of clearance on both wheels.

I must have been wrestling with the Z-Monster when this thread went by,
and I should have been paying attention.  I need to get a new set of
tires (the problem that resulted in the recent front end rebuild caused
one to become predominately worn, and I might as well replace them
all....).  Molly currently wears 145/13s, but I'd like to fit something a
bit wider on the stock Rostyle wheels.  I know Mike put his on Minilites,
but can anyone suggest a tire size that is approximately the same height
that'll fit the Rostyles on a RB Midget with stock suspension, without
binding in the wheel wells?

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com