Low Oil Pressure

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Low Oil Pressure
From: Matthew P Johnson <spriteguy@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:59:47 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Last year I wrote to the list about a lack of oil pressure after I
rebuilt my 1275 and put only 500 miles on it.  I thought I might update
the list on the problem solved in case someone else has a similar
problem.

The oil pickup in the pan was loose where it fits into the block. It was
snug enough to suck oil at high rpm, but was able to supply enough oil at
low rpm.  I guess I must have finger tightened it at rebuild and forgot
to snug it down with a wrench.  Bearings look good.  I'm glad the engine
didn't get ruined.   Could have been a costly mistake.

Thanks to those who gave their input.

Matt