Re: The GT (Kinda long)

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: The GT (Kinda long)
From: Aleksandr Milewski <n6mod@milewski.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 16:20:33 -0700
Cc: Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 10:34 -0400 on 990704, Frank Clarici commanded the electrons thusly:
|I drive a right hand drive spridget all the time.
|Yes passing does pose a problem sometimes, and drive up windows are a
|bear, but all in all, RHD is not that bad. It does take a bit of getting
|used too.

I'll second that. My Spridget is LHD, but my daily driver for a
number of years was a surplus Postal Jeep, RHD, of course. (As an
aside, until I bought a BMW, every one of my cars, American,
Japanese, and British, had the wheel on the wrong side for its
country of origin. ;)

I'll admit that the "SUV" perspective from the driver's seat helped,
but RHD wasn't a big deal. The only thing that was really an issue
was left turns through cutouts in islands...the landscaping was in
the way some of the time.

Parallel parking is _much_ easier, though. ;)

I had great fun with a 4' tall teddy bear belted into the left seat,
with a steering wheel off a kid's toy in its hands. Got a _lot_ of
smiles.

As for the drive up windows, just go through in reverse...I did. ;)

-Zandr
Aleksandr Milewski                                              N6MOD
n6mod@milewski.org                           http://www.milewski.org/