TRIGER belt drive cam system

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRIGER belt drive cam system
From: "Ric Bergstrom" <Ric_Bergstrom@britishcarclub.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:26:31 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi all,

I have the Midgets engine out and the tranny swapped over.

While the engine was out I figured I'd switch the cam belt.  The
system is a TRIGER put on by the PO.  If I just copy the numbers off
the belt will any auto parts store be able to get me a belt that
matches?  It says TIGER on it as well as PIRELLI.  Anyone have any
idea how ot replace it?  just unbolt a pulley and slide it off, or
just slide the belt off without unbolting?  There is no tensioner
and I have no idea how tight the belt is!!

The front seal has a minor weep.  is it fatal to get any oil on a
toothed cam belt??

What else would you replace or look at while the engine is out?

Clutch and throw out looked good.  Front tranny seal feels tight.

I may do the rear tranny seal.

Ujoints are smoth and not to firm.

Ric Bergstrom
83 R80RT
73 MG Midget
President, Central Virginia British Car Club
Richmond VA