Re: dashboard paint

To: Mikkel Pedersbęk <mikkel@isa.dknet.dk>
Subject: Re: dashboard paint
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 11:17:10 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mikkel Pedersbęk wrote:

> Hello Listers,
>
> Any advice on getting the dashboard as good as new. I have promished
> my mother to paint it before I get my own midget. She want it ot look
> like the original.
>
> Please help me out here. What kind of paint is it and who do I get it
> to look good ?

Assuming you are speaking of the black wrinkle finished dash.
This paint is available at many auto parts stores, better paint stores,
some home centers, and Eastwood supply.
It comes in a spray can and works well as long as you follow the
directions to the letter.
To evenly wrinkle the paint, I put it in the direct sunlight after the
3rd coat has set up about 5 minutes. The sun does a great job of evenly
heating the paint.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici