Re: #2 Cylinder Not Firing -> Ignition....

To: "Michael Graziano" <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: #2 Cylinder Not Firing -> Ignition....
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:59:45 -0400
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
If you have replaced the wires, rotor, and distributor cap, and a timing
light still shows that the #2 cylinder is misfiring, the only other possible
source for the problem would have to be in the distributor itself.  (The
problem could not be in the engine block or head or it would not be picked
up by the timing light.)  Could there possibly be some dust or junk blocking
the #2 slit where the light goes through the electronic ignition thing to
trigger the spark?

Bob