Dash Lights

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash Lights
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:25:24 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Just had a brain fa*t while reading a post on the guage and voltage resistor
for dash guages and got to wondering.

The Radio Shack 7.5 volt bulbs are supposed to be great for illumination of
the instruments, but don't last long because we run them at 12 volts.

Is there a way to run the dash lights throught the voltage resistor (or to
buy a new one and wire it in) so that we get the benefit of bright dash
lights and still have the bulbs last awhile?

The triumph guys would love to hear if this would work, unless they found a
fix after I dropped off the list last year.

Wake up electrical guys..inquiring minds want to know.  Just want the info
you understand, it's too hot to work on the car here too.

Robert Houston