Re: micro north trip - a little hot is all

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: micro north trip - a little hot is all
From: David Wood <dewood@sentex.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 21:37:38 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ulix!

        I'm used to 160 degrees as a summer thermistat and 180-190 as a winter
thermostat.  All along I had just figured that a PO had put a winter
thermostat in and left it.

        One thing I did do was leave the heater valve open; I had heard
somewhere that the rear cylinder does not get properly cooled if this is
closed.  Can anyone tell me if it is true or not?  When I closed it for
a short time the temperature did climb.  I have been thinking of
bypassing the heater box.

        One the "Fuel Guage" there is talk of maybe the guages not being
connected to the voltage regulator and directly to the battary.  Could
this be plausible in my case?  I have not checked out the wiring in
detail.

        Thanks for the reply!  Catch you later!

--
            David E. Wood       v               / |\    |\\