Snake-oil Works! Was: thermostat issues

To: sfooshee <fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us>
Subject: Snake-oil Works! Was: thermostat issues
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 07:03:46 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: MG List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I've had good luck with the PB Blaster too....it seems more "active" than
Liquid Wrench.  I picked up a spray can of the stuff at Pep Boys, mainly cause
the labeling was so snakeoil-lookin' I had to try it.....the can's covered with
bizaar claims and weird lettering. Burns like living hell when you (inevitably)
spray it right in your eye while wedged under the car.  Mechanics seem to love
Kroil, which has it's own weird ad campaign (is their mascot a goofy midget, or
what is that thing?).  But the old-timers just use Coca Cola, which supposedly
eats through rust like crazy and loosens stuck bolts right up. For me, nothing
beats a torch if the surrounding parts can take the heat.  Plus it's fun to
play with fire....

Mike D.

--- sfooshee <fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us> wrote:
>     One other small thing that might help, I've found a product called PB
> Blaster that makes WD-40 look like gear oil. It is better than any other
> Liquid
> Wrench type product I've ever used and seems to disolve rust (careful where
> you
> spray it, if your car looks like mine:).

===

Michael B. Dietsche, P.E.