Re: Smoke !

To: Guy <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Smoke !
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 00:33:46 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Guy,

How much smoke?  Is it like fogging for mosquitos?

Is there anything between the manifold and the front timing cover
besides tubing?  I have had one that the spring inside the PCV valve
slipped out of position.  This put full manifold vacuum on the t. cover
and sucked oil right out of the pan into the manifold out the exhaust.
Disconnect the tube from the timing cover and see if it still smokes.
If it quits smoking, then you need a PCV valve in line to keep this from
happening.

Good luck

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby