Re: Radiator fan

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator fan
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:44:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, John.... the six-blade plastic fan in my Midget has done 15 years and
40,000 happy miles without coming apart, and there's a good chance it is
original to the car, which would mean it has 131,000 miles on it.
However, I did put a new metal six-blade fan in my Big Healey (to replace
the stock 4-blade fan) and it lasted exactly one year and 2500 miles before
it shed a blade, destroyed my radiator header tank, and would have put a
hole in my bonnet if it hadn't been for the fan guard.
Take your pick.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 "HEALEYUM"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain