Re: 1500 axles

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 axles
From: theskinny@excite.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:12:03 PDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
To All

>>Anyone have a set of axles out of a later model 1500 Midget for
>>sale?
>>
>>The Team Thicko Red Rat Bastard is finally getting some double
>>bearing hubs. (Thanks Larry Miller.) Now, if I can find a set >>of late
axles, I'm all set.

>>WST
>>Flounder
>>Team Thicko

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the only difference between axles across the
whole range of spridgets is that in the 1500 cars the metal is of a lower
quality and more prone to breakage.  Why would you want a flimsier axle if
you are racing?  I know that is the case for wire wheel axles, just not sure
about disc wheel axles.

Dave Riker