Poly rear spring bushings (mixing it all up)

To: "Spridgets@autox.team.net" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Poly rear spring bushings (mixing it all up)
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 9:54:34 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey guys,

I am planing to put the new springs in the Sprite next weekend and I have a
question.

I know that the lists conventional wisdom is that the poly bushings are only
appropriate
for autocross setup since the ride so much rougher.  Has anyone ever tried to
mix the
bushings with rubber?  I have four new bushings I got from Motorhead when I was
going
to go with the used spring, and since I have to order four more I was curious
about
mixing them for a compromise.

If I go this route, do you think it make any difference as to if the poly is on
the top of the
shackel, or the bottom.

Also, if I am going to stay with rubber, does it matter who I get them from.  I
don't know if
there is a variance that would be noticable from difference vendors, and
Motorhead has
a couple things I need on backorder.

Thanks
----