Re: Best Head Shop?

To: <kturk@ala.net>, <theskinny@excite.com>
Subject: Re: Best Head Shop?
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:06:12 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Keith,

You can get down off of your soapbox. I have never once posted the name of
this company to the list although many people have asked me to.

They did ruin my engine. They do shoddy work. What do you want, to ask the
owner if this is true?? Are you insinuating that I am a liar?? What the
hell do I stand to gain from lying about something like this? Do you think
I have nothing better to do than to go around telling lies about repair
shops?

Do you have any explaination as to why a shop would leave out an oil
filter?? Do you know what running an engine for 2000 miles that has just
had a new head put on it without a filter will do to the bearings in that
engine?

Yeah, I'm just out to badmouth some poor, poor, little guy, repair shop.
That's how I get my jollies.

If you want the name off the list I will give it to you, but I do not
expect the owner to give you a straight story. What he told me was that the
mechanic that worked on my car left to work somewhere else so he was not
responsible for the damage to my motor. He also said that since I had no
legal way of proving that I had oil pressure before that he was not legally
liable. I had oil pressure and a strong engine before he got his hands on
the car.

He has admitted to leaving out the filter element though, what more do you
want? Do you run you cars without oil filters?? If this is not extremely
damaging then maybe we should all run our engines without oil filters...

Robert