New to the list and I've already got a question!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New to the list and I've already got a question!
From: "Dana Scholle" <dana@homecom.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:27:02 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey everyone, I just found this list and I'm
happy to be able to join. I've just bought my
first MG, a '72 Midget, and am in the process
of trying to restore it. I've done some
checking around and one of the things I'm
curious about is rust control. I'm planning on
stripping this baby down and replacing any
severely rusty parts with new panels or panel
patches, and grinding off the rest of the rust
before using some type of phosphoric acid or
metal prep type treatment to help clean any
microrust, etc. I've heard a lot about POR-15
and Corroless am very interested in knowing
what some others' opinions on my using one of
these products to then coat the treated body
before priming. I know I've got a lot to learn;
this is my first restoration project! Thanks all!
Dana