Re: problems at 2000-2500 rpm

To: mikkel@isa.dknet.dk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: problems at 2000-2500 rpm
From: "shawn tobin" <suhs2@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:47:04 CDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mine, too, sputters at a constant 2000-2500 rpms.  It was always wimpy
around that range and then I installed a better flowing muffler.  Then it
got really wimpy.  Then I cleaned out and rebuilt my carbs with a few Viz
mods.  Now it really sputters 2-2500.  I found I could get rid of the
missing if I turn my mixture nuts two flats richer.  It surges a little at
idle now but runs pretty smoothly everywhere else.  Seems not to like cool
temperatures, though.  I may try some MGB HS4 'red' piston return springs to
keep it a little richer down low.  If I do, I'll let you know.

Shawn Tobin
'69 Midget 5spd daily driver