Re: spridget down, help!

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: spridget down, help!
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:06:47 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I employed a couple of spark plug testing methods this week.  Both involved
just holding a spark plug connected to the wire (very) near a grounded piece of
metal, say, the alternator bracket, and watching for spark.  One method
involved me holding the wire with insulated pliers, and the other involved
somebody else holding the wire.  :-)

adrian

Jeff Boatright wrote:

> Assuming that I'm testing for spark correctly, and given that I'm getting
> none at any plug, I think that either the coil or the dizzy could be at
> fault. What do you think? I'm somewhat anxious to resolve this as this is
> my only car.

J. Adrian Barnes, MCP
Business Information Group
http://www.workgroup.net