Idea #2 for steering wheel hub for '62

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Idea #2 for steering wheel hub for '62
From: Dave.Vrba@am.sony.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:52:34 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Listers:

Here's my idea #2 to get my MOMO steering wheel on my car.  Machinist friend
said "make one from an old broken steering wheel that has the right splines
etc.  Add the correct mounting "stuff" to match the MOMO wheel (machinist
talk, I guess) and wa-la, a perfect fit!"

I'll go for that. He said he can do it!

Now I'd like to find out if anybody has a broken mangled up steering wheel
from a '62 sprite or equivalent [midget??, bugeye??] (5/8" across splines)
with a good hub intact?  Don't want to cut up my original in case I decide
to put it back.  Also by using a original hub I can use the horn push to
operate the horn.....  I also need a used "horn push BRUSH". The doodad that
connects the horn push to the surround and slip ring through the hub.
Anybody got one of those?

Please contact me off list with your wheel hub and brush availability along
with the prices you want for them.

Thanks all.  (Determined to get this MOMO steering wheel attached)

David L. Vrba
'62 Sprite MKII
Dublin, CA