Running Lousy !

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running Lousy !
From: chuck <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:39:30 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, my 72 midget passed inspection after I rebuilt the
front end (had failed previously).

Went down to claim the beauty; they charged me only for
the sticker saying this was a re-inspection so my previous
charges covered this one too.

I wondered why they were being so nice!

Got in, she started right up, purred out of the parking lot,
gave it the juice, and ... bang, crash, backfire, chug-chug-chug
and bad noises like that.  I nursed it home thru backroads and
small neighborhoods. Smoothed out some with acceleration, then started
come apart again.

Got home and started pulling plug wires.  #3 appears to be dead.
Plug seems ok. Wire seems ok. I tweaked the timing some and it
improved a little. Took it out and it still backfires and
hesitates. In for a complete tunup I fear.

WHAT DID THEY DO TO ME ?????

chuck