Compression test results

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compression test results
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:02:43 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, I tried my hand at compression testing.  I only did
two different tests because it got dark on me, but here we
go (1500 engine):

Cold engine, plugs out, 3 reads each cylinder:
Cylinder 1:  130, 130, 135  (front)
Cylinder 2:  120, 120, 118
Cylinder 3:  130, 140, 130
Cylinder 4:  170 (?), 120, 125 (rear)

After engine ran for 10 minutes, all plugs out, 3 reads each
cylinder:
Cylinder 1: 120, 120, 120
Cylinder 2: 120, 120, 120
Cylinder 3: 120, 120, 120
Cylinder 4: 120, 120, 120

No kidding on that last one.  4 cranks each cylinder for all
tests (like my manual said to do).

Also, I finally replaced that last plug (the one blocked by
the alternator) and the smoke all but stopped and it ran a
lot smoother.  Drained most of the gas from the tank in
preparation for dropping it.

The water level remained the same since I added some a few
days ago, no foam in the oil that I could see, but I
apparently picked up an oil leak during my change.  Need to
wait for more daylight to check it.

adrian,
now with more burns on his hand than yesterday

--

J. Adrian Barnes

http://www.midgetweb.com