Hot Cars Cool Nights (Little LBC, NTC)

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hot Cars Cool Nights (Little LBC, NTC)
From: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 09:42:43 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
During the summer months, on the 3rd Friday of the month, Seaside California
and the Central Coast Hod Rod Association's put on a car show. This show is
a real blast. Mostly American iron from the 50's and 60's and Hot Rods of
all shapes and sizes. Usually has  a hundred or so cars and loud 50's Rock
And Roll blasting from huge speakers.

After the show there is an unsupervised tour around the peninsula, down The
main drag in Monterey and down the old Cannery Row. Traffic backed up for
miles (well at least for many blocks), lot's of tourists checking out the
cars. There is a stop sign on the Row (not a light) so the cars really creep
along giving people a good chance to look at all the gorgeous cars rolling
by.

By unsupervised, I mean no Police protection, just mixing it up with regular
traffic.

My buddy with a Big Healey and me in the Bugeye decided to stage a little
British invasion last night. It was a blast. We were welcomed by everyone
and drew our share of the crowds. I had at least 20 people tell me that they
or their Father, once owned a Bugeye.

A group of teenage boy's were debating if the heater on the Bugeye was a
turbo-charger, what with it's intake hose and snail shell blower. Only one
in the bunch thought it was a heater.

Also met a guy that used to mess with Spridgets and has a pile-o-parts in
his garage that he said I could have just for picking them up.

There was another British car (Jag XKE) and a partial British car (Sunbeam
Tiger) also in attendance.

They give out a "Best Of Show" award and to everyone's surprise, the Jag
won. Turn's out that whoever donates the trophy gets to pick the winner and
the guy just loved Jag's.

We were running late and I rushed out without my camera so did not get any
pictures, too bad, I think you guys would appreciate most of the cars that
were there.

If you are ever in Monterey during the summer on the 3rd Friday of the month
I highly recommend checking it out.

If we go next month I will try to remember the camera and will post some
pictures.

Maybe I will donate the trophy next time and give it to myself  :-)

Larry Miller