Re: Hot Foot'n

To: monetta@mindspring.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Foot'n
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 17:59:07 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Sounds to me like you are getting water through the heater box. I wqould
make sure the heater valve is OFF. Pointed away from the heater box. Or
it may need to be replace. I had mine apart and ther are not too many
things that can go wrong - except stuck

Larry

quote:)

>Just restored a '78 midget.  Can't figure out the heater box configuration.
>Their are openings on either end of the box where it mounts to the body.
>Are these to be sealed with foam or something?  I take long trips with the
>car and live in Florida.  While driving my feet are so hot they burn.  The
>pedals become hot enough to be uncomfortable to touch with bare feet.  The
>water valve to the heater box IS off, I am sure.  If I open the vents
>underneath extremely hot are rushes in.  Any ideas?
>
>Al
>1978 Midget "The Spud"

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?