jag talk was Re: car-o-scope

Subject: jag talk was Re: car-o-scope
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@sb.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 19:25:14 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I think the unreliability factor may be in regard to the V12.... I know the
E-type that is most desired is one of the earlier ones (series I) with the
stright 6 and the 3 SU carbs...
I saw this car in real life about 2 weeks ago in a Beverly Hills "used car
lot" (ok maybe classic car showroom would work better)... but I pointed to
the Generator and I told the Salesman.. "ya, I got one of those" and those 3
SU carbs really look familiar. The Price tag kinda scared me... $52k, that
could buy a fleet of sprites... I told the Salesman I would be back with my
checkbook in a little bit (ok a few years maybe)

My friend who owns an XJ6 swares about its reliability... he really belives
the problems lie in the V12 motor ...
In southern CA the older XJ6s are getting cheap... you can find them for $4k
or less in acceptable condition. I always told my mom I would get her a
Jaguar... maybe this is an option....

on a LBC note... I replaced my points today... and put in a general good
work day on the Sprite... now if I could only find my timing light I could
get the bugga right on....

Bye

Toby

Toby Atwater,   Santa Barbara, CA, tob@taltec.net
1969 Austin Healey Sprite, mk 4 (farthest thing you can get from an E-type)
1971 FJ-40 Toyota Land Cruiser (farthest thing you can get from a Sprite)
Land Cruiser = E-type.... humm... doesnt sound right...

>Hi Toby,
>
>You are right on the mark about the coupes ending with the sieres II Jag.
The