Y2K Correction on your computer! (No LBC Content)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Y2K Correction on your computer! (No LBC Content)
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:38:56 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Just received this........make your own decisions.  I did change mine.

 Here's a suggestion I hadn't heard about before and that I've followed
 regarding Y2K and Windows.

 Double click on "My Computer".

 Double click on "Control Panel".

 Double click on "Regional Settings" icon.

 Click on the "Date" tab at the top of the page.

 Where it says, "Short Date Sample", look and see if it shows a
 "two digit" year. Of course it does.  That's the default setting
 for Windows 95, Windows 98 and NT.  This date RIGHT HERE is the
 date that feeds application software and WILL NOT rollover in the
 year 2000.  It will roll over to 00.

 Click on the button across from "Short Date Style" and select the
 option that shows, mm/dd/yyyy.

 (Be sure your selection has four Y's  showing, not two)

 Then click on "Apply" and then click on "OK" at the bottom.