Re: Water Temp Gauge Broke

To: davidr@sunset.net, Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water Temp Gauge Broke
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 06:37:44 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Be very careful about this swap. There is an adapter that goes into the
head at the thermostat housing that is used on the mecahnical gauge. THe
sender for the electrical gauge just screws into the head, w/o the
adapter. I picked up a mechanical gauge that I can not use because I do
not have the adapter, and cannot find one. Not sure if the gauges from
Moss include the adapter or not (Kelvin, Ed?)

Larry

>On 79 Midgets, the dual temp/oil pressure gauge was replaced with an
>electric temp gauge and an oil idiot light.  The sender and gauge are common
>to the MGB, Midget, and Sp*tfire.  I built a custom wood dash insert in the
>gauge area that deletes the brake warning light, and accomodates an MGB fuel
>gauge, mechanical oil pressure gauge, and electric temp gauge.  Looks good,
>works good.
>
>Reproduction dual face temp/oil gauges run about $145 from Moss.
>
>David Riker
>74 Midget
>63 Falcon

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?