Re: finding out more

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: finding out more
From: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 14:16:21 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have an opinion on this subject which I am always too eager to share. Of
course, it is founded in my belief that while our little cars are
mechanical, manufactured beings, they actually do have a soul (that's why we
can always feel superior to things like Mi***as, which will NEVER have a
soul).

Given this, you must refer to the year your car came off the assembly line
when describing it. If it was built in December 1959, it is indeed a 1959,
regardless when it was sold.

Just like today, vehicle manufacturers were only too eager to identify their
products as newer than they are, as if that gave them some inherently
greater value. How can you go out today and buy a 2000 model year car when
it is only August 1999? If your child is born next week, are you going to
tell people it was born in the year 2000?

If I had a car that was registered improperly, I would take the Heritage
Certificate and have the licensing bureaucrats correct the grevious error.

Don't mess with my cars birthday!

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Frogeye (April 10, 1958)