Re: Second plea for help...The Bugster now lives!!!

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Second plea for help...The Bugster now lives!!!
From: RMiller930@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:18:51 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ooooops... Meant that note to go out to all as well...  Probably for the best
anyway... knowing how some things set off others, there could be a call for
the invasion of Canada by now...

Anyway, got all the plumbing done, newly recovered dash installed, and first
test drive about 5 miles last night (less doors and bonnet), pulled into
local convenience store about dusk to fill up (no bonnet, no headlights, no
insurance, not licensed...) and there sat a highway patrol and a sheriff's
deputy.  Fortunately I'm a regular and the night clerk, an attractive young
lady offered to go and "distract" the law while we made our getaway... guess
it worked.  With any luck, the seats and carpet will go in this week or early
next, then the doors and bonnet.  I may just make the KC All British Meet by
Labor Day.

Again, thanks for the replies from the "Great White North"...

Rod Miller
59 Bugeye, 71 MGB, 72 TR6, 78 Spitfire, 86 XJS, 87 XJ6, etc......too many
cars and cats...Anyone need an extra "wheel chock"???