Re: dizzy noise

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dizzy noise
From: Brian Thornton <bthor@master.adams.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:10:01 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff,

I recently experienced the same phenomena with by Bugeye distributor.  The
"chirping" was the result of inadequate lubrication on the distributor cam
lobe (I forgot to lubricate it after rebuilding it).  Once lubricated, the
chirping noise went away.  I would suggest that you check your point gap.
If your distributor has been chirping for a while, chances are, the point
follower block has worn somewhat and your point gap has closed up as a
result. Mine had closed up 8 thousandths in about 850 miles of use!
Amazing thing is, it still ran good!

Happy Healeying!

Brian Thornton
AN5