SUMMARY: Hot Battery

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SUMMARY: Hot Battery
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:35:55 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The problem turned out to be a bad connection on the positive
battery terminal. I removed the battery, cleaned the terminals,
cleaned the connectors and topped up the water.  I then used
some di-electric grease on the battery posts and put it all back
together.  Thing has not got hot over the last couple of hours and
the car cranks right over.  Oh yeah I put the battery on a charger
this morning.  Anyway all is right with the battery and now onto
the fuel pump.

The two suggestion I got from the list were:

        1.  Bad or no ground on the engine will cause a hot battery.
        2.  Bad connections on the battery posts themselves.

Number two it was for me.

Bill Gilroy

My favorite was "Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape."
Made me laugh.