Fuel Guage Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Guage Question
From: Tomsjetta@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:04:00 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello-

Whoever had the Midget before me only had the gas tank filled halfway when it
rolled into an automobile showroom and sat for about eight months. Not
wanting to test how low the needle can go until I need gas, I filled up the
car with 93 octane gas, as recommended by several of you.

The needle took forever making its way up again, and after 10-15 minutes of
driving, the needle only made it up to the first notch to the left of the
full mark. Is this is a fairly common problem? I'm not about to start messing
around with the fuel tank in any way, I'm simply curious.

Tom
78 Midget