Re: Difficulty removing the rear hub

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, rjcarlson@webzone.net
Subject: Re: Difficulty removing the rear hub
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:56:22 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert,

I went through this myself during my restoration, but I can't for the life of
me
remember how I got them off, or even if I had any difficulty. I know when I did
the
reassembly it was a piece of cake, the hub's just slipped right back onto the
axle
assembly, and I simply used the axel nut to help seat it. I think I must of
used a
regular axel puller, and a dead-blow hammer to get it off. I'm sorry I can't be
of more
help, but I did my 'disassembly' about two years ago, and just reassembled it a
few
months ago.
Frank or one of the other sprigeteers has got to have a good method for this.

Regards,
Bryan