Re: Funniest Bits.No LBC Content

To: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Funniest Bits.No LBC Content
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 23:55:27 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mark Snowdon wrote:

> Does anyone remember a show called "The Goodies"?
> They used to show it in Canada during the late 70's and early 80's. It
> was a Monkees sort of show that I think was made during the early 70's
> by the BBC.
>
> Then of course is the Young Ones.......still like picking on anyone that
> resembles Rik Mayal....
>
> William M. Gilroy wrote:
> >
> > No, no, no.  It was when the last Rolf Harris escaped from the zoo
> > and started to breed out of control.  Hundreds of Rolf's singing
> > "Tie me Kangaroo down sport, Tie me Kangaroo down."  That was a really
> > funny skit.  Still makes me grin and it has to be 20 years.  Sad
> > thing is I only saw it once.

The more I thought about it, I am sure I saw the Rolf Harris bit on "The
Goodies".  Extremely funny.  So Mark, I do remember the Goodies and I
remember
it about 1974.  Using one of the best Internet Resources
http://www.imdb.com
this is what I found:

Full Cast and Crew for "Goodies, The" (1970-1981)

                             Directed by
                             John Howard
Davies
                             Jim Franklin
(III)
                             Bob Spiers

                             Cast (in alphabetical order) verified as
complete
                             Tim Brooke-Taylor
                             Graeme Garden
                             Bill Oddie

The the Rolf Harris Episode is:

#41 Scatty Safari
AKA The Existance Of Rolf Harris (g) (huh?)
Series Five, Programme Six
1st BBC Transmission: 17 March 1975
BBC Project Number 98311

Television personalities are proving to be a less than popular attraction
at the Goodies' safari park, so they get a pair of Rolf Harrises to breed.
But the Rolf Harrises escape and breed far too well, reaching plague
proportions.

Show there you go.  Way to much information of British Comdey and not
enough on
LBC.  I start to work on my car tonight but it was way to hot.

Later,

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei, the fastest, best corning dog, a legend in his own mind