Re: rons valves

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: rons valves
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:16:18 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 09:20 PM 8/16/1999 , Frank Clarici wrote:
>Ron Soave wrote:
>> Gotta get me one of them Clarici "bang the pistons out
>> with a stump and run for years"  engines next time.
>-------
>Ron, I don't think I ever bought a new valve.
>Clean em up and run em till the end.
>I have (once) stuck used rod bearings in an engine for a temporary fix.
>I never did make a permanant fix on that engine, ran it for years.
-------
Oh yeah? How about filing a bit off the end of a rod bearing, then shimming
it with cigarette pack foil to make it tighter... it worked, but never got
as tight as I was then.
------
>You should have seen me swinging that sledge to beat out an axle
>tonight.
>If I missed, I would be looking for a rear 1/4 panel tomorow.
>----
Frank, I know its small solace, but you've made me feel _much_ better about
my struggles changing an axle once. (and probably many others)
Peter C