Re: Where can I get Old Speckled Hen?

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where can I get Old Speckled Hen?
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:07:09 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Old Speckled Hen is an ale brewed by Moreland of Abingdon. The story that I
was told is that OSH was a favorite of the MG workers. It was named after a
company hack (fetch-all vehicle) that had a motley or speckled paint job
and was known as "the old speckled 'un" as in "I say Nigel, how about
popping down to Morelands in the old speckled 'un to have a pint of Old
Speckled Hen?"

My local (Atlanta) organic grocer carries it.

At 3:06 PM -0400 8/17/99, Charles D. Sorkin wrote:
> Dear List:
>
> I have several history/picture/commemorative/technical books on the subject
> of MG, Austin Healey, Triumph, etc., but I have yet to notice any mention of
> a brew called Old Speckled Hen.
>
> What is the signifcance of this stuff, and where can I get some?
>
> Can I use it as an additive in my radiator?  Will it promote/prevent rust if
> I spill any in the Midget?  Does it have any other applications that I might
> not be aware of?  Besides the obvious?
>
> Regards,
>

> Charles
> '74 Midget