Re: window question (Serious)

To: pbohler@wenet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: window question (Serious)
From: LBCarNut@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 07:53:00 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Peggy,
      If you are talkling about a brownish type stuff that looks like it has
eaten into the plastic, I would try some plastic cleaner and then polish like
the motorcycle guys use on their windshields. If the stuff is ingrained in
the surface of the plastic I have been able to clear it up a bit by wet
sanding with 1000-1500 grit sandpaper and then buffing it out with the
plastic cleaner and polish. It will never look like new but you will be able
to see through it. Lay the top out on a flat surface when sanding/buffing do
not try to do it on the car.
Regards,
Peter S.
Charlotte NC